April 30, 2014

Books, Books, and Oh! Books

A lot of people have been wondering not just recently, but, way before on what I spend my money most on. I admit I stopped dead on my tracks as I thought about that question. Sure, the question was quite simple and so easy to answer, but, in my case it wasn't. I really did think things through before I answered. I even made a double take of every possible answer I came up with. You might be surprised to find out that I didn't much think about it, let me rephrase that, I didn't take much of my time thinking of what I would or could possibly spend my money on. 

So, you can basically say, the question caught me off guard and thank goodness for that! It made me think about it seriously. Many of you might commonly answer clothes, shoes, make ups, accessories and even beauty products. It's a given fact that these are some of the essentials needed to make ourselves presentable and well, to beautify ourselves too. But not me. I admit I sometimes buy these things, but, were talking about  mostly right? and my answer happens to differ. I'm pretty sure you're curious as well. Hey! I'm not letting you wait any longer for that answer to pop up and present itself.
You might as well brace yourselves for my revelation.

About three things I'm positively sure of:


First, Drawing is my passion ever since I was little. Drawing eases my nerves and my way of transmitting the feelings that I can't express in words into the pages of my sketch pad. Like I've said, it's my passion. Every time I went to the mall or some shops, I never miss the opportunity to go to the school supply section where you can buy a lot of materials specifically art materials. From sketch pads to coloring pens and pencils. From oil paints to paint brushes, I have them. It doesn't matter if I don't use them that frequently or not, what matters is I have it and it can be useful to me in the near future.

 


Second, there is a part of me and I don't know how dominant that part is that really likes to do anything related to crafts. I recently found out that I can make the most renowned cute plushie without any sort of idea how to make one.  Before I continue, let me define what a plushie is first. A plushie is a hand made doll made from fabrics and stuffing. You can customize it to your own liking and it comes in different shapes and sizes. In other words, you will be the one making your own personal plush and since, I have just discovered this new found hobby of mine I didn't think twice in buying the materials needed for my plushie project. 

Check some of the outcome of my work below:

 
~ Piggy ~

~ Kuroneko ~

(Some of my plushies have Japanese names like this for instance. Kuro means black and neko means cat)

~ Usagi ~


(Usagi means rabbit in Japanese)

~ Starish ~

~ Cute Onigiri ~

(Onigiri means rice ball in Japanese)


Third, I am unconditionally and irrevocably in love with books. I am a self-confessed bookworm and I am not ashamed of it. In fact, I'm actually proud, very proud. Now, that I clearly think about it, most of my earnings were spent on, what do you know? Books. Compared to the above mentioned, books has the heaviest weight in my scale. Aside from drawing, reading comes next on my list. Bookshops and  the library are considered to be my haven. I never get tired of reading and continue to bemused in the imaginations of such great authors as I read through pages and pages of their works. I was so engrossed that before I knew it, I have started to collect and collect books. And right now, my bookshelves are already so full that I don't know where to stack my other books now.

  


  


I never get tired of reading them. Other's may say that I should sell them after reading but I strongly say "No" not in a million years. My books are my treasure and I would like to pass this on when the time comes. For me, reading books is not just a form of relaxation and to let your imagination wander. Books are source of information and knowledge. It will help you get through some situations and even enlighten you when your mind is clouded. Why do I say all of these? Is this base on experience? My answer is: Yes, it is. And right now, I can't wait to get my hands on a book that I wanted to read so badly ever since I read it's synopsis. See? I'm such a bookworm, aren't I?

Well, I hope you enjoy reading this and before I finally say "adieu"  let me share a thought to ponder.

" Books give a soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination and life to everything."


Till next time!

4 comments:

  1. First, I've read the title as Boobs, Boobs, Boobs. Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tsk tsk tsk you always make decent things indecent labs...Did you wear your glasses? pfffttt

      Delete
    2. *ligid ligid on the floor*

      Delete
    3. Ahahaha...ligid lang sa floor pa tulod ka? Ahahahah

      Delete