April 14, 2014

Kim Soo Hyun: The man who is a Star

Okay, so I have been inspired and been smiling all day. I recieved a lot of different kind of stares ranging from confused, wonder, disbelief and even amusement. It seems as if whatever happens, my mood doesn't and wouldn't change. Bad vibes don't affect me no matter what it does. All because of one person. Yep, it goes down on that rode. Well, technically a person whom I can never reach.

What can I say? He's way over there and I'm way over here. Who am I kidding? He's an actor. A good one on that. He is the man who palyed the character that I swooned over countless of times--Do Min Joon. The hottie, stoic alien from "You who came from the Stars". I know, I know I sound like a crazy fan, but, I'm just trying to appreciate his talent and of course, his looks. Who is he?


His name is Kim Soo Hyun.


A little get to know about this young actor.

Name: Kim Soo Hyun
Born: February 16, 1988
Occupation: Actor, singer, model, dancer

I once first saw him on  a television series entitled "Dream High" (Another popular drama, if you're into music with a touch of love and humor). Honestly speaking, when I first saw the trailer I noticed him immediately because of his innocent and boyish looks. In Dream High, I like the plot of the story about following your dreams and striving hard to be successful.

The second time was when he played the roles of King Lee Hwon in a top rating historical  (sageuk) drama "Moon Embracing the Sun". This drama happens to be my favorite and this also happens to be  the beginning of his popularity. His fame skyrockted, which leads to opening the door for his first debut in the big screen in 2012 in the movie "The Thieves", somewhat like an Ocean's Eleven kind of movie. This was also the first time he get to be partnered to his leading lady in "You who came from the Stars"--Jun Ji-hyun.

If your asking me how good is he. All I can say is: I like it when he cries and I mean it. I really admire and appreciate a man who cries. Not as a sign of weakness but because he was strong enough to face it. He, on the other hand, is so good in his craft making me cry so easily. His acting is way too convincing for his own good. Making you think that he was not acting at all. ( Not that some actors were not convincing enough, I mean there are some but---you get what I mean.) 

Much to people's dismay. I don't watch a movie because of how the actors good looks. I watched ot because of the story. Of how touching, funny, romantic and sad it may be (I dig those) the actors happen to be plus on it. (Thank goodness for that)

Anyways, I may be  (or may be not) posting some Korean dramas that I have came across for the past months or years. New or Old. 

As for now, let's just stick with Kim Soo Hyun--the man who is truly a star.

No comments:

Post a Comment