April 4, 2019

Japan Memoirs: Spring in Kema Sakuranomiya Park


"It is a reminder that life is almost overwhelmingly beautiful but that is also tragically short."
                                                                                                                               -Homaro Cantu-

Kema Sakuranomiya Park--is one of the best spots to do some hanami (it means flower viewing) in Osaka. There are nearly 5000 cherry blossom trees line the Okawa River. It's splendor can be viewed while cruising in the river or by the riverside promenade.

You can just take your pick. Both happens to be a win-win situation anyway. However, if you want to be just on land and want to savor the moment. Not to worry cause you are most definitely allowed to have a picnic under the trees (Yes, you read that right!). There are areas with a lot of space just for that activity. 

So, don't worry if you happen to see some people lying on the ground, drinking their hearts our and relaxing that's totally normal. You can do that too!





Fun Fact:
Did you know? Way back when I haven't visited Japan, The sakura is mainly the reason why I want to go and visit the land of the rising sun in the first place.

Hence, spring is my favorite season. Around this time of the year, it makes me miss those times when I would stroll around the park, take endless photos, feel the cool breeze on my face and watching the petals swirl as it got swept away by the wind.




It sure does brings back a lot of fond memories as I scan all the photos wishing that these trees would bloom forever. But, no matter how fleeting it may be. I can definitely say, that I am thankful to witness its grace and for showing me that life can be beautiful no matter how short it may seem.

So, if you're up for some Japan trip by the end of March or early in April. Grab some food and drinks and don't forget to stop by and do some hanami in Sakuranomiya Park.


Photos by: 
Yours Truly

2 comments:

  1. THIS IS DEFINITELY ONE OF A KIND ... THANKS FOR POSTING THIS MISS! I LOVE TO GO THERE SOON ! ♥♥♥

    JAPAN IS LOVE.... ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I'm glad I could share some of my experiences and someday other people will go and visit there too. You'll go and visit there too. ^^

      Delete