February 21, 2019

City of White---Hokkaido Part 2


"The snow reminded me of the beauty and the mystery of creation, of the essential joy that is life."

- Orhan Pamuk - 

Odori Park, Sapporo, Hokkaido --- Here we are at last! Good job for staying in tune and give yourselves a tap on the back. Thank you for patiently waiting and waiting. So without, further ado--lets go down to business.

Right where we left off from my previous post, our last stop was to see the festival and babbadingbabbado!! We managed and get to see "Yuki Matsuri" (Snow festival), our trip's real agenda, with our very eyes. Two words; Ah-mazing!!! Hats off to those amazing sculptors who managed to create such detailed art. However did you managed to handle the cold and harmless looking snow is beyond me. Seriously though, I wished it would last for the whole year. But, sad to say, it won't and this day happen to be the last.

The sculpture exhibit was really long. If I'm not mistaken (and if I were, do correct me right away) it took the whole park to build, create, and display such fantastic art. From small to gigantic--you name it. No wonder this festival is such a hit. It was magnificent! 





I  love how the beautiful the sculptures were when night time comes. Thanks to the wonders of technology, it actually brought all this white art to life. Here are some humongous art works:







And even though  the temperature dropped as the time goes by. Despite the shivering and cold wind, more more people gathered to witness its splendor until the very last minute and to be part of it, is a huge honor.






Well, what else can I say? Until we meet again Hokkaido. I'm sure one day I'll witness such event. For once, I do agree with what Elsa (from Frozen) said while I strut my way around the area while savoring such beauty. That is "The cold never bothered me anyway." ;)



#weirdkim in Sapporo signing off

2 comments:

  1. So so lovely Miss Kimmy! Hala makainspired mani oy! Amazing au ka miss #travelgoals ♥♥♥
    I so want to come here jud Miss, thanks for sharing at least makaimagine ko nga naa ko diri ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. One day it will be your turn to go there and experience the beauty and magic of that place.

      Delete