November 9, 2018

What If It's Us


"I don't know if we're a love story or a story about love. But I know whatever we are that it's great because we kept jumping the hoops in the first place."
- Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera -




Let me get this off my chest and bear with me. 

(deep breaths)

I just can't and I mean just can't believe what I've read! A book that kept me up so late until well, I don't know let's just say  until 2 in the morning? (Believe me it happens). A book that gave me Ha Ha's, Awww's, tear jerking moments, mushy feelings and then suddenly mic drop.

(utterly speechless)

I'm totally at loss for words right now. How can a book so give you so many feels and then just drops a huge bomb in front you? 

Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera, You. Cannot. Do.This. To. Me.!!! Like really!!!

I am so in love with this book. Who would have taught that I would actually buy a book which I just caught I glimpse of just because the title and let's face it, the book cover got me totally curious. (This sounds like some same situation happened before, wouldn't you agree?)

No looking at reviews.
No synopsis warning.
No early end read.
No. 
Nada.

I just dive right into it and viola! I was not disappointed. I'm not, like honestly. However, I do want my ship to sail like---Uh forever. (You have to read it to figure out why I'm acting this way) Arrrgghhh...I do hope they make a sequel but if not. It's still good too. ;)

Whew. Since all of that came out of my system I'm good, not better, but good ;). So, let's stop this rant-ish nonsense  and get on to the bottom of this wonderfully crafted piece of writing by Becky Albertalli and Adam Silvera.

******

This isn't your ordinary boy meets girl story. 
No, it isn't. 
This is your ordinary boy meets boy story.
A story that clicks.


In an ordinary day, what could possibly happen in front of the post office in the city of New York?
A flash mob? Busy workers walking to and fro? Meeting the eyes of a cute guy who's carrying a package towards the post office?

It could be one of it. Or it could be all of it


Arthur is only in New York for the summer, but if Broadway has taught him anything, it's that the universe can deliver a showstopping romance when you least expect it.

Ben thinks thinks the universe needs to mind its business. If the universe had his back, he wouldn't be on his way to the post office carrying a box of his ex-boyfriend's things. So..


What if...these two people met because the universe wants them to?
What if...it didn't?
What if...one tries hard to find you?
What if...you didn't try hard enough?
What if...one person fell in love with you?
What if...falling in love again scares you?

But, what if it's the best thing that could happen to you?

******

Read and find out what happens between Arthur and Ben in "What if it's Us"

4 comments: