October 3, 2018

Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe


"Through all the youth I was looking for you without knowing what I was looking for."
- W.S. Merwin-


Never have I tried to buy a book without knowing what it is beforehand nor have I tried to buy one without knowing its reviews. Yet, this happened. 


All because of my sheer curiosity (which you all ready knew. The reason why I got myself in some situations). The thing is, it was just there in the book shop (of course it is!)  sitting on the shelf minding it's own business (definitely not minding my business, I tell you) and it caught my eye and wondered (ignoring all the awards that it has achieved) as why it has that title.  

Did you know what happened next? (Of you don't that's why I'm spilling. Silly me) I bought it. (Obviously) Spontaneously. (Who would have known?) And I will just speak to you directly, deare readers of mine, since it's kind of troublesome to have an internal monologue here and there. :P

One things for sure, it's my first time to read a different kind of perspective when it comes to novels. It's refreshing really. (You have to read it to know what I am talking about.) I was touched and I cried when I read on. No wonder it received so many recognition when I searched about it later on.

Got you curious, didn't I?

Here's a little bit of a preview.

******

Aristotle nicknamed "Ari" is a teen with anger issues who basically don't know how to show it.Who doesn't know to deal with the suffocating silence in his house. Who doesn't know how to deal with his dad. Who doesn't know how to approach the subject relating to his now imprisoned brother.

Dante on the other hand, is a teen who's good at swimming. Who likes to swim. Who likes to read and draw. And who has an unusual way of seeing the world. 

Now, what will happen when these two people meet?
Will they see eye to eye considering they have different personalities?
Will Ari find the courage and strength to speak?
Will Dante have the courage to tell what he's been meaning to tell?
Lastly, what secrets of the universe did they discover?

******

Much praise for Benjamin Alire Saenz for a splendid work. I am so looking forward to reading more of his work.

If you ask me what are the secrets of the universe, five words: Read on and find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment